The preparation of an Asbestos Management Plan (AMP) is a requirement set out within the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and every non-domestic property must have one.
More than an asbestos survey, the AMP sets out in detail how you intend to manage the risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACMs) identified in your property. An asbestos management plan is not a one-off report, it is in fact necessary for it to be in place for as long as ACMs are present in the building.
Sheffield Asbestos Surveys produce tailor-made asbestos management solutions, specific to your building, which include the identification of who is responsible for the management of ACMs and the production of the asbestos register entry which lists all asbestos containing materials. We will consult with you on the scope of work necessary and provide our advice on what must be done to meet stringent asbestos regulations. Your tailored management plan will be produced and include the schedule for monitoring the condition of ACMs.
As part of our service, we will:
- See what you have in place and which responsibilities are already arranged
- Provide advice on which of our services and inspections are required
- Prepare your asbestos management plan
- Review any existing AMP to make sure it is up to date
- Assess your AMP to make sure it is fit for purpose
- Offer advice on any further action required i.e. no further action, encapsulation or removal
Where required, we are also able to offer training to ensure that you are able to monitor the condition of ACMs yourself in-between inspections. To discuss your requirements in more detail or arrange the preparation of your Asbestos Management Plan, please get in touch with Sheffield Asbestos Surveys today.